Dr Osamu Yoshino
- Australian Medical Association, Australia
- Japanese Association for Acute Medicine – Japan
- Japanese Surgical Society – Japan
- International/Asia-Pacific/North American Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association – USA
- Society of Surgical Oncology - USA
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons – Australia
- 2015 - Clinical Lecturer in the School of Medicine at the University of Tasmania
- 2016 - University of Melbourne, School of Medicine, MD student clinical Teaching
- 2019 - Teaching MD and Master students, School of Medicine, University of Melbourne
- 2020 – Instructor, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Yoshino O
Liver Dysfunction and Failure: Clinical Presentation, Pathophysiology, and Management. In: Balogh, Z.J., Coimbra, R., Di Saverio, S., Kirkpatrick, A.W., Coccolini, F. (eds) Postinjury Multiple Organ Failure . Hot Topics in Acute Care Surgery and Trauma, Springer.
- Bendinelle C, Yoshino O:
Surgical Treatment of Duodenal Trauma, Trauma Surgery, Springer
- Yoshino O, Lee N, Balogh ZJ
Abdominal Compartment Syndrome, Penetrating Trauma: A Practical Guide on Operative Technique and Peri-operative Management, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg 401-406 (2012)
- Balogh ZJ, Yoshino O
Abdominal Compartment Syndrome, Common Problems in Acute Care Surgery 445-450 (2013)
- Yoshino O, Prichard P, Choi J
Old technique revisited with surgical innovation: complicated Mallory-Weiss tear with bleeding gastric ulcer exclusion. Journal of Surgical Case Report. 2016 Jan 11;2016(1).
- Herniated gastric varix presenting as an epigastric hernia: a rare case report.
Chau TC, Yoshino O, Bohmer R. ANZ J Surg. 2019 May 13. doi: 10.1111/ans.15284.
- Lung-resident memory B cells established after pulmonary influenza infection display distinct transcriptional and phenotypic profiles. Tan H X, Juno J, Esterbauer R, Kelly H G, K M Wragg, Konstandopoulos P, Alcantara S, Alvarado C, Jones R, Starkey G, Wang B Z, Yoshino O, et al. Sci Immunol 2022 Jan 28;7(67):eabf5314. doi: 10.1126/sciimmunol.abf5314
- Adaptive immunity to human coronaviruses is widespread but low in magnitude. Tan H X, Lee W S, Wragg K W, Nelson C, Esterbauer R, Kelly H G, Amarasena T, Jones R, Starkey G, Wang B Z, Yoshino O, et al. Clin Transl Immunology. 2021 March 17;10(3):e1264. doi: 10.1002/cti2.1264
- A Single Centre Experience with Pre-Operative Markers in the Prediction of Outcomes after Liver Resection for Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Peri V, Lee E, Fink M, tarkey G, Nikfarjam M, Yoshino O, et al. J Gastrointest Surg. 2023 Jul; 27(7):1376-1386. doi: 10.1007/s11605-023-05681-1.
- Total vascular exclusion and delayed resection in major cardiopulmonary resuscitation related liver injury. Lockie E, Yoshino O, Choi J. ANZ J Surg. 2023 Jul 17. doi: 10.1111/ans.18621
- Robotic pancreatic necrosectomy and internal drainage for walled-off pancreatic necrosis. Wang Y,Yoshino O, et al. HPB (Oxford). 2023 Jul;25(7):813-819. doi: 10.1016/j.hpb.2023.03.013
- Major hepatectomy in elderly patients: possible benefit from robotic platform utilization. Yoshino O, et al. Surg Endosc. 2023 Aug;37(8):6228-6234. doi: 10.1007/s00464-023-10062-5.
- Robotic distal pancreas-sparing duodenectomy (duodenal sleeve resection) with transmesenteric in elderly patients: possible benefit from robotic platform utilization. Yoshino O, et al. Surg Endosc. 2023 Aug;37(8):6228-6234. doi: 10.1007/s00464-023-10062-5.
- Hepatectomy after bile duct injury: a systematic review. Furtado R, Yoshino O, Muralidharan V et al. HPB (Oxford) 2021 Oct 5;S1365-182X(21).
- Early allograft dysfunction is associated with cell-free mitochondrial DNA release independent of hepatocellular damage. Yoshino O, Wong B, Cox D, et al. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2021 Aug 23.
- Letter to the editor: Elevated Plasma Levels of Cell-Free DNA During Liver Transplantation Are Associated With Activation of Coagulation. Yoshino O, Muralidharan V, Dobrovic A et al. Liver Transpl. 2019 Nov 29. doi: 10.1002/lt.25695.
- Brady, J, Yoshino O, Hardy, B. et al. The effect of haemorrhagic shock and resuscitation on fracture healing. The Bone & Joint Journal. 2018 Sep;100-B(9):1234-1240
- Yoshino O, Perini M, Christophi C, Weinburg L Perioperative fluid management in major liver resection, integrated review. 2017 Oct 15;16(5):458-469
- Yoshino O, Brady J, Young K et al. Reamed locked intramedullary nailing for studying femur fracture and its complications. European Cells & Materials. 2017 Sep 11;34:99-107
- Hardy BM, Yoshino O, Quail AW Balogh ZJ. Influence of the timing of internal fixation of femur fractures during shock resuscitation on remote organ damage. ANZ Journal of Surgery, 2015 Jun
- Sisak K, Dewar D, Butcher N, King K, Evans J, Miller M, Yoshino O, Harrigan P, Bendinelli C, Balogh ZJ. The treatment of traumatic shock: recent advances and unresolved questions. European Journal of Trauma and Emergency Surgery. 2011 Dec;37(6):567-75.
- Enninghorst N, Peralta R, Yoshino O, Pfeifer R, Pape H. C, Hardy B M, Dewar D C, Balogh Z. J: Physiological assessment of the polytrauma patient: initial and secondary surgeries. European Journal of Trauma and Emergency Surgery, vol. 37 issue 6 December 2011. p. 559 – 566
- Yoshino O, Quail A, Oldmeadow C, Balogh ZJ: The interpretation of intra-abdominal pressures from animal models: The rabbit to human example. Injury, 2012 Feb;43(2):169-73.
- Balogh ZJ, van Wessem K, Yoshino O, Moore FA: Postinjury abdominal compartment syndrome: Are we winning the battle? World Journal of Surgery, 2009; 33:1134-1141.
- So ̈ derlund T, Yoshino O, Bendinelli C, Enninghorst N, Balogh ZJ: Acute repair of traumatic abdominal muscle avulsion from iliac crest: a mesh-free technique using suture anchors. Injury, 2013 vol44 (9) pp. 1257-1259
- Yoshino O, Furtado R, Perini, M. Hepatectomy and liver transplant after cholecystectomy: Systemic review. HPB VOLUME 22, SUPPLEMENT 1, JANUARY 2020.
- Yoshino O, Nikfaram, M, Muralidharan, V. et al. CRP level predicts the risk of pancreatic leak and complication severity after pancreaticoduodenectomy Journal of Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Science (2017); 24.1:131
- Yoshino O: 'Clinically relevant model for secondary abdominal compartment' 68th Meeting of the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma, Pittsburgh, USA 1st - 3rd Oct. 2009. Abstract: page 272, Session 4, poster 76.
- Yoshino O: Robotic Pushing The Limits in HPB Robotics- where are we at?. The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons’ Annual Scientific Congress 2022. Brisbane, Australia
- Yoshino O. Training in HPB Surgery. Quarterly National Center Conference, Summer 2022. Tokyo, Japan
- Yoshino O: Pancreaticoduodenectomy With Vascular Resection, Contemporary Re-evaluation In The Era of Neoadjuvant Treatment. Annual Academic Surgical Congress 2022. Orland FL, U.S.A..
- Yoshino O: Neoadjuvant therapy for pancreas neuroendocrine tumors. The American Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association Annual Meeting 2021. Miami, U.S.A..
- Yoshino O: Arterial divestment and resection during pancreatectomyfor locally advanced pancreas cancer. The American Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association Annual Meeting 2021. Miami, U.S.A.
- Yoshino O: Arterial divestment for locally advanced pancreas cancer. Pancreas Club 2021.
- Yoshino O: Hepatectomy and liver transplant after cholecystectomy: Systemic review. The American Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association Annual Meeting 2020. Miami, U.S.A.
- Yoshino O: CRP level predicts the risk of pancreatic leak and complication severity after pancreaticoduodenectomy. June 2017. The 6th Biennial Congress of the Asian-Pacific Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association. Yokohama, Japan
- Yoshino O: Blunt polytrauma model with femur fracture. August 2011. International Surgical Week, Yokohama, Japan.
- Yoshino O: ‘Secondary Intra-abdominal Hypertension – development of a rabbit model’ June 2009. World Congress on the Abdominal Compartment Syndrome, Dublin, Ireland Abstract: Acta Clinica Belgica, 2009; 64: 94
- Yoshino O: ‘Clinically relevant model for secondary abdominal compartment’ 68th Meeting of the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma, Pittsburgh, USA 1st - 3rd Oct. 2009. Abstract: page 272, Session 4, poster 76.
- Yoshino O: Robotic Duodenal Sleeve Resection With Transmesenteric Approach. The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons’ Annual Scientific Congress 2022. Brisbane, Australia
- Yoshino O: 'Remote Distal organ damage associated with intramedullary nailing fixation for femur fracture in polytrauma', The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons' Annual Scientific Congress, Adelaide, Australia, May 2011.
- Yoshino O: 'The effects of hemorrhagic shock and resuscitation on intra-abdominal pressure' Australian Neuroscience Society/Australian Physiology Society, Sydney, Australia, January 2010
- Yoshino O: Risk stratification for pancreatic leak after pancreaticoduodenectomy, Austin Research Prize 2019, Victoria, Australia
- Yoshino O: 'Polytrauma model with femur fracture', Hunter Orthopedic Society, Newcastle, Australia, November 2010
- Yoshino O: 'A novel magnesium treatment for severe tetanus: a short period of ventilation'
ER conference, Tiyoda, Tokyo, Japan
- 2020 – Instructor, Medical College of Wisconsin, WI, USA
- 2019 – Lecturer in the school of Medicine and Surgery, University of Melbourne
- 2014 - Clinical Lecturer in the School of Medicine at the University of Tasmania
- 2014 - Injury – Reviewer
- 2015 - World Journal of Surgery – Reviewer
- 2016 - Annals of Clinical Case Reports - Reviewer
- 2010 - 2013 (The University of Newcastle)
- An advisor/co-investigator for an honour student in B-Med science program at the University of Newcastle
- 2008 - 2010 (The University of Newcastle)
- The effects of fluid resuscitation on intra-abdominal pressure (PhD thesis)
- The relationship between intra-abdominal pressure and pathological organ damage evaluation
- The effects of tissue damages on intra-abdominal pressure
- 2006 - 2007 Instructor: BLS/ACLS course for medical staff, Tokyo, Japan
- 2005 Lib fracture in polytrauma (National Centre for Global Health and Medicine, Japan)
- 2017 – 1st Prize, Best Presentation, Austin Research Prize
- 2011 - IATSC (International Association for Trauma Surgery and Critical Care) Best Paper Prize, International Surgical Week
- 2011 - International Society of Surgery, Australian Chapter’s Traveling Fellowship
- 2011- 1st Prize, Hunter Orthopedic Society Meeting, Best Paper Competition
- 2010 – Australian Physiology Society, Travelling Scholarship
- 2008 - 2010 University of Newcastle, International Postgraduate Research Scholarship